Hours: 40 hours per week
The role is based in Biggleswade on a 40 hour per week contract. Suitable candidates must have a recognised engineering or plant apprenticeship, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in relevant industry. Ideally candidates would have had experience / knowledge of the off-shore industry but we could consider candidates from an Automotive / Engineering background.
The role, covering the UK and Ireland, contributes to the success of our clients business, ensuring effective and efficient advice and support along with excellent administrative, customer service and interpersonal skills whilst working with the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
- Visiting site to investigate into technical problems and communicating with customers’ factories accordingly to provide a technically lead solution.
- Assist the Technical Manager with customer complaints in relation to invoice disputes.
- Provides a dedicated support line for customers and uses this to develop outstanding rapport and relationships.
- To circulate information and investigation details via written reports.
- Raises warranty orders, sales orders, work orders, purchase requests and invoices both internally and to customers.
- Processing warranty claims and ensures that returned warranty parts are sent back to the relevant factory with correct documentation.
- Assists in the managing of service engineers and optimising their utilisation.
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports and feedback for every investigation undertaken, including customer reports if required.
- Represent the division at meetings and exhibitions as and when required.
Desirable candidate qualities, includes but not limited to:-
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required.
- 20 days holiday per annum (holiday year runs Jan to Dec), plus 3 days given by the Company to cover the Christmas shutdown period and statutory/bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme, the employee is asked to contribute a minimum of 3.15% gross pay and the Company will contribute 4.85%, once an individual joins the pension scheme and after 3 months service they will also be entitled to Life cover, Group Income Protection and Critical Illness cover.
- BUPA cash plan that can be used for dentists etc
- Loyalty Bonus for each full year completed (Jan to Dec), starting at £100 increasing by £25 per year for each year completed.
- If role requires then a company vehicle, smart phone and laptop (depending on role)
Job Reference: JB36290