Our client based in Bedford is looking for Production Operatives on a temporary basis.
Shifts: 6am – 2pm/ 2pm – 10pm Monday to Friday
You will be working within a team to produce rotamoulded components to high quality standards and customer satisfaction, always adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Accurately weigh raw materials.
- Prepare moulds for the moulding process.
- Operate the overhead gantry crane.
- Load and unload tools using the gantry crane.
- Operate the moulding process by selecting the appropriate program.
- Monitor the moulding process throughout.
- Demould the products.
- Trim and finish products ready for the next stage of the process.
- Check and monitor the product to ensure it meets the quality standards.
- Liaise with Quality Department staff when required.
- Record process data and product dimensions.
- Operate granulating machine to shred waste plastic ready for regrind and recycling.
- Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements for the task and working environment.
- Participate in Health & Safety audits and risk reduction.
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Able to extract information from a graph
- Accurately measure using a rule and digital Vernier
- Able to record product measurements and process information
- Work effectively in a small team
- Have good communication skills
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Be punctual
- Driven to meet and exceed operational targets