To work with the Production Team Leader & Production / Warehouse Supervisor to carry out production and warehouse activities within the warehouse, mainly the blending of dry powdered ingredients and repacking of liquid & powder products, following all warehouse & production operating systems and procedures in line with Company requirements as a food manufacturer accredited to the BRC technical standard. The role is within a small team and when fully trained the operative will rotate periodically between different job functions including.
- Picking blends to a formulation (manual handling of 25 kg bags)
- Weighing out smaller components
- Preparing labels and packaging for production
- Working on the production line, packing finished product, and palletising
- Cleaning down equipment between batches
- Driving Reach Truck and Counter balance forklift trucks (License not essential, training will be provided)
- Receiving, storing and distribution of goods
- Supplying Production with raw materials
- Picking and packing orders
- Liaising with Sales regarding orders
- Stock management, FIFO (first in first out) system
- Stock counts
• Miscellaneous Duties
- Basic maintenance of equipment
- Detailed cleaning as required, on-site maintenance, and general duties
• To promote and implement all aspects of Health & Safety as directed by HSE practice and regulations as deemed appropriate within the warehouse and production operations.
• Maintaining all aspects of personal and company hygiene requirements in accordance to the policies and procedures under the BRC accreditation.
• Manual handling - able to lift 25 kg bags safely on a continuous basis throughout the day
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
• Good communication skills to relay information between office, warehouse and production.
• Good computer Skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Take orders & instructions from their line managers
Your own Transport is essential due to location