Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Hours: 37.5hr week, Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm/ 9am - 5pm
Salary: £Very Competitive + Bonuses including a Company Car
Our well established client is in search for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join their team.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager willbe required to provide service excellence through effective leadership of the manufacturing engineering team. Delivering technical and project management expertise to support and continuously improve our clients manufacturing facilities and capabilities to meet customer demand.
Potential candidates must be located within an hour’s drive of Shefford.
Reports to: Head of Manufacturing
Areas to manage: Mould Engineering Maintenance Team
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Engender the concepts of lean manufacturing to evaluate the manufacturing processes to implement improvement in:
- Reduction in manual handling and safety risk.
- Reduction in wastage and scrap.
- Increased productivity through cycle time reduction.
Accountable for health & safety and environmental issues related to the manufacturing processes, ensuring the safety of employees and visitors through:
- Ownership of BMS processes related to the role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Identification and assessment of risks.
- Implementation and control of method statements and systems of work to reduce inherent risk;
- Ownership of the Permit to Work system.
- Implementation of systems and processes to safely control activities of both internal staff and external contractors.
- Training at re-training to ensure all engineering and maintenance staff are competent to work safely.
- Responsible for all statutory checks within the engineering function.
- A strong and assertive people manager.
- Support the activities of the Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Managers and the Product Development team for capex projects for new equipment and new manufacturing methods.
- To take full responsibility for the budgets of areas of accountability.
- To engender a culture of continuous improvement in terms of health and safety, performance metrics, process improvements and waste reduction.
- To develop the manufacturing engineering team, set their targets and training goals, manage their performance in and facilitate their learning and development.
To provide an engineering support function to the business through:
- Producing part drawings in accordance with requests from the maintenance team.
- Provision of site and building plans to the Facilities Manager.
- Updating site and service layouts based on requests and proposals.
- Source “first off” spare parts, liaising with suppliers with regard to lead times and costs.
- Managing the spare part inventory and sourcing new parts as required.
- Risk assessment and re-assessment of ongoing and new manufacturing activities and processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance processes including management of production/maintenance engineering.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Lean manufacturing concepts.
- An understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and current legislation.
- Technical degree qualified (mechanical / production / industrial engineering).
- Experience in a similar role.
- Full UK driving licence.
Reference ID: JB36536