Monday to Friday, 08:00-17:00
Your role is to purchase all items necessary for the successful running of the business.
- Negotiating prices and discounts, placing and chasing purchase orders for all aspects of the business including:
- Raw material and components
- Electrical control gear and components
- Consumable items
- Plant and Equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Subcontract items
- Equipment for inclusion in turnkey projects
- Set up and manage service contracts; act on any breakdowns
- Ensuring stock is maintained at an appropriate level:
- Check physical stock levels before re-ordering ,
- Review re-order points and re-order quantities,
- Check existing allocations and orders,
- Work with the stores to resolve stock discrepancies.
- Ensure our equipment is delivered on time by
- Keeping up to date with the status of all projects in manufacturing and identifying any hold ups, particularly on key projects,
- Chasing bought in parts,
- Preparing for and attending weekly progress meeting,
- Reviewing the short allocations report.
- Obtain competitive quotes where appropriate,
- Negotiate and agree prices before placing orders,
- Find alternative suppliers for third party spares,
- Obtain signatures for high value orders.
- Source new machinery in response to identified needs, with the assistance of the Engineering Director and Production Manager.
- Database Administration:
- Ensure that part descriptions are meaningful
Skills / Experience needed:
- Engineering qualification: HND or B.Eng.
- Minimum 5 years engineering buying experience
- High attention to detail, accurate and efficient
- Strong problem solving and time management skills