Our client is offering a formal apprenticeship within the welding department by actively supporting the workshop to deliver customer satisfaction through quality work with a view to a long-term career with our client.
The role is based in Biggleswade with the college in Stafford.
· Ensure all welding & fabrication operations are executed in accordance with all relevant codes of practice and company procedures.
· Ensure that all heat treatment, hardness testing, inspection and non-destructive testing is carried out in compliance with relevant codes, specifications, and procedures.
· Performs final quality control inspections in accordance with relevant procedures.
· Takes responsibility for self-development and continually identifies ways of improving technical skills through completing an indentured apprenticeship and attending technical courses where required.
· Takes the initiative to provide suggestions and contribute to the improvement of the operations by coming up with new ideas.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate a passion for the subject, the industry, and their own personal development.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role.
- To be able to develop personally with the support of specific training and continually improve the skill base.
- Be articulate and able to communicate confidently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Smart and well presented.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to work.