- To work as a safe and pro-active member of the manufacturing team to
achieve the targets set.
- To set and operate Press brakes
- To work as part of a team to process both incoming stock and outgoing orders.
- To work in a controlled and safe manner following standard operating procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Working with components from 0.9mm to 5.0mm thickness.
- Support other roles and team members in the factory as required.
- Use of various hand tools and sheet metal machinery in the fabrication and finishing of materials.
- Quality Assurance by inspection of own work, work manufactured by others. Completion of required inspection reports.
- Planned regular housekeeping, with the emphasis on ‘clean as you go’.
- To work to order deadlines to meet customer demands
- To adhere to detailed quality standards and workplace safety standards
Knowledge & Skills
- Press Brake skills, preferably Amada HFE/HFB.
- Basic workshop and fabrication skills
- Good level of numeracy.
- Able to intepret drawings and perform measurements.
- Fork lift truck license (preferred not essential).
- Work shop Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach.
25 days hols + bank hols rising with service to 28 days
Pension 6% company put in 3% employee puts in
Private Medical cover