Our client is seeking a Buyer to join their Procurement team. This is a full-time role of 34.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Procurement and Sourcing Manager, the Buyer will support the Procurement function. The Buyer will be responsible for procuring a range of components and/or materials
Our client offers opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years' procurement experience within a manufacturing or engineering industry and developed relationships across a variety of suppliers
- You will be degree educated and CIPS qualified or working towards this
- Have a proven track record of category / sub-category buying with good negotiation skills
- Proficient with MS office, particularly Excel
- Have experience of using MRP/ERP systems.
- You must hold a UK Driving Licence
- Ideally you will have experience dealing with the Far East
- Build and maintain close working relationships with suppliers
- Optimisation of purchased items inventory levels
- Raising, issuing and maintaining purchase orders
- Supplier management and continuous improvement
- Identify potential new suppliers within categories of responsibility that will support Quality, Cost or New Product Development
- Maintain procurement and inventory planning data e.g. MOQ’s, Lead-times and inventory planning data
- Monitor and review supplier performance to ensure standards are achieved
- Support the Procurement and Sourcing Manager in the execution of annual saving plans
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders
- Support the new product development & introduction process
- Communicate with commodity teams and business units
- Be aware of market trends and pricing developments for raw materials and commodities
- Deputise for Sourcing Officer in their absence