The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will set and operate a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
Need to be able to work both shifts:
6am-2:30pm Mon-Thur & 6am-10:30am Friday
2:30pm-11pm Mon-Thur & 10:30am-3pm Friday
Duties to include:
- Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment
- Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations.
- Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
- Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the Manager.
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with CNC machines
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
You must be physically fit enough to occasionally lift/move up to 20kg