Our Biggleswade based clients are in search for a Customer Service & Parts Administrator.
To ensure maximum commercial recovery from service engineers’ times. To participate in minimising the work-in-progress stock levels. Ensuring effective procurement and sales of machine parts along with maintaining and developing administrative procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participating in taking calls from customers, liaising with service engineers, all members of the MCC sales and after-sales team and all other company personnel as appropriate.
- Promote and prepare parts / service quotations and orders.
- Enters new parts details onto the system to provide information and pricing to enable effective ordering.
- Effectively operates the LIKV and other company systems to identify spare parts.
- Collating information sufficient to support an internal or external invoice.
- The construction of internal and external invoices using all relevant supplied information.
- Being active in recovering necessary information from different sources when this is observed as being required.
- Filing and organising documentation in a manner that facilitates easy retrieval and also in accordance with the company systems.
- Inputting engineers’ times to build up the cost bases for invoices and for payroll purposes.
- Creating new maintain machine files, collating data and maintaining machine records in an organised and disciplined way.
- Undertake to attend meetings and exhibitions off-site and overseas. This may include time spent away from home overnight.
- Undertake training as required by the company from time to time, both at the workplace and off site, including overseas.
- Perform and communicate in a manner that builds on the strength of the After-Sales team and customers.
- Raises Warranty orders, Sales Orders, Work Orders, purchase requests and invoices both internally and to customers.
- Processing warranty claims and ensures that returned warranty parts are sent back to the relevant factory with correct documentation.
- Manage the acceptability or validity of a warranty component or claim at any stage in the process.
- Undertake some or all of the duties of other personnel in the absence of the latter as may be required from time to time.
- Arrange and be flexible with other members of the team to ensure full desk coverage for the required working day. This may involve flexing start and finish times as needed.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the after-sales administration process.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of managing commercial relationships, taking a broad view when necessary and be astute to the pressures and operating ways of the factories and customers
- Project the correct Company image
- To be a good, effective communicator verbally and by email at all levels
- Have a strong customer service ethic with a positive and pro-active approach
- Be a team player through being willing and able to work closely with others, be they company or customer personnel and promote good relationship and collaboration
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use own initiative and be self-motivated
- Excellent administrative skills with an understanding of the need for close control of engineering information, it’s retrieval and communication
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role, including Word and Excel
- Have an appreciation of Health and Safety regulations and their application and to be able to benefit from further training.
- To be commercially aware, with an appreciation of costs, their recovery and potential commercial conflicts.
Other Special Requirements:
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
- Attends training as required