To ensure maximum commercial recovery from service engineers’ times. To participate in minimising the work-in-progress stock levels. Ensuring effective procurement and sales of machine parts along with maintaining and developing administrative procedures whilst working within the Company’s key result areas.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:
- Participating in taking calls from customers, liaising with service engineers, all members of the sales and after-sales team and all other company personnel as appropriate.
- Promote and prepare parts / service quotations and orders.
- Enters new parts details onto the system to provide information and pricing to enable effective ordering.
- Effectively operates the LIKV systems to identify spare part.
- Collating information sufficient to support an internal or external invoice.
- The construction of internal and external invoices using all relevant supplied information.
- Being active in recovering necessary information from different sources when this is observed as being required.
- Filing and organising documentation in a manner that facilitates easy retrieval and also in accordance with the company systems.
- Inputting engineers’ times to build up the cost bases for invoices and for payroll purposes.
- Creating new maintain machine files, collating data and maintaining machine records in an organised and disciplined way.
- Undertake to attend meetings and exhibitions off-site and overseas. This may include time spent away from home overnight.
- Undertake training as required by the company from time to time, both at the workplace and off site, including overseas.
- Perform and communicate in a manner that builds on the strength of the After-Sales team and customers.
- Raises Warranty orders, Sales Orders, Work Orders, purchase requests and invoices both internally and to customers.
- Processing warranty claims and ensures that returned warranty parts are sent back to the relevant factory with correct documentation.
- Manage the acceptability or validity of a warranty component or claim at any stage in the process.
- Prepare travel and training plans for Sales and After Sales staff.
- Undertake some or all of the duties of other personnel in the absence of the latter as may be required from time to time.
- Arrange and be flexible with other members of the team to ensure full desk coverage for the required working day. This may involve flexing start and finish times as needed.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the after-sales administration process.
- Undertake all work in accordance with the company’s Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and arrangements. Prepare risk assessments and method statements, and implement safe systems of work as necessary.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of managing commercial relationships, taking a broad view when necessary and be astute to the pressures and operating ways of the factories and customers
- Project the correct Company image
- To be a good, effective communicator verbally and by email at all levels
- Have a strong customer service ethic with a positive and pro-active approach
- Be a team player through being willing and able to work closely with others, be they company or customer personnel and promote good relationship and collaboration
- Ability to use own initiative and be self-motivated
- Excellent administrative skills with an understanding of the need for close control of engineering information, it’s retrieval and communication
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role, including Word and Excel
- Have an appreciation of Health and Safety regulations and their application and to be able to benefit from further training.
- To be commercially aware, with an appreciation of costs, their recovery and potential commercial conflicts.
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
- Attends training as required