The role contributes to the success of our client, located in Biggleswade, by providing effective and timely support to the finance and administrative functions. Using initiative and collaboration skills, the role, reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager will ensure that the function achieves its KPIs and objectives whilst maintaining a service to both internal and external customers and working within the Company’s key result areas.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
- Operates a number of tasks related to the entire financial function which include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing departmental assistance in terms of accounts payable: inputting invoices, credit notes and payments made, checking and processing company expense claims.
2. Providing department assistance in terms of credit control: cash received compilation, allocation and reconciliation.
3. Providing department assistance in terms of Financial Reporting: ledger maintenance, control account reconciliation, preparing accounts to trial balance level of the company’s financial accounting system.
- Process improvement review and implementation.
- Support entire finance function by ensuring timely and accurate delivery of administrative tasks and reports.
- Willingly provides and communicates relevant information and support to internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Works to develop skills and experiences by actively engaging in other opportunities within the function.
- Supports other employees in the business to ensure that targets are met.
- Maintains a reputable reputation by ensuring that all financial matters are actioned in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
- GCSE grade A-C or 9-4 in four or more subjects including Mathematics and English.
- AAT qualification or working towards this.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role or industry.
- Smart and well presented.
- Team player.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively with customers in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills.
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required.
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
- Attends training as required.