Our client is seeking a Grounds Person/Handy Person to join their team on a permanent basis. Working hours are 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday. It will include occasional evenings and weekends.
· Under supervision to maintain grounds, council assets and premises owned (or cared for) to the required standard and schedule.
· Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on a range of sports facilities and surfaces as detailed on work schedules or job tickets. (including but not limited to football & cricket grass cutting, pitch preparation, line marking, turf repairs and sand spiking)
· Undertake routine maintenance of the cemetery and closed churchyard. (Including but not limited to grass cutting & strimming, shrub and flower bed maintenance, litter picking, tree work)
· Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces. Carry out regular inspections of play equipment and basic repair work.
· Set up all sports pitches or amenity surfaces. Undertake minor construction and landscaping work.
· Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations – tractor, ride on mower and works vehicle.
· Monitor the use of consumables, items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment.
· Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and similar hazardous substances.
· Litter picking of open areas and emptying of bins.
· Respond to emergencies including possible work outside standard hours to cover emergencies and attendance at council events.
· Understanding of health and safety as well as COSHH
· Basic gardening skills
· Basic turf and grounds person understanding
· Full, clean driving licence
· Experience of grounds and property maintenance