Industrial Paint Operative
You will have experience within the motor industry
40 hours per week
Salary Negotiable DOE
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- A strong background in automotive or commercial spraying in environments where quality outputs are considered essential.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the latest paint technology and application techniques.
- To prepare and carry out all aspects of painting using the latest technology - HVLP electrostatic spray equipment as well as manual brush and roll paint methods - to all types of commercial vehicles, plant machinery, structures and components and mobile cranes, using compliant two-pack primers and topcoats.
- To prepare and carry out all aspects of preparation to all types of commercial vehicles and plant machinery, structures and components. This to include degreasing, washing, masking, flatting and basic filler repairs and corrosion removal as necessary as well as preparation (using both mechanical and manual methods and equipment, orbital sanders, needle-guns and abrasive tools) to exacting specifications in accordance with quality and production standards.
- All documentation relating to the work activities must be completed fully, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Travelling to off-site locations may be requested from time to time to undertake paint shop related activities, promotional work or training. This might also involve travel overseas.
- Collaborative team-working within the department which may include additional extended working hours or shift working from time to time.