Our client is seeking a Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer to support our production team with a proactive service to enable the production lines to run safely and efficiently. Improving productivity by reducing downtime through robust implementation of plant maintenance and continuous improvements.
You will be working between 2 sites so transport is essential
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week currently on a two shift system covering 05:00 to midnight Monday – Friday. However the candidate needs to be able to cover any shift if required given reasonable notice.
- Saturday’s worked as overtime as required, typically c.2 per month.
- Sunday’s – infrequent but as required by shutdown and PPM schedule.
- Working closely with the Production teams to reduce downtime and optimise production at both sites.
- Adhering to set maintenance schedules and procedures, the ethos of PPM.
- Responding to machinery breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Making recommendations to reduce costs, reduce downtime and improve health & safety.
- Completing necessary administration duties, written and PC based both pre and post maintenance tasks.
- Carry out all work in accordance to company Health and Safety management system. Adhering to the procedures and participating in audits if required.
- Occasional foreign travel.
Essential Skills / Experience required:
- Rounded engineer with an electrical Bias.
- Apprentice trained.
- Knowledge & experience of hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Welding experience, MIG, TIG & MMA Welding.
- Computer literate; particularly with MS Word and Excel.
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Compliant with Health & Safety requirements.
- Able to work in time-critical environments.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing facility where a timely response is essential.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience of Milling and Turning.
- PLCs (Siemens Micromaster).
- Experience of working in TPM or PPM.
- Counterbalance fork lift licence.
- IPAF powered access permit.