Weekly rotating shifts: 06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00
Our client is looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor to provide a reliable and efficient maintenance service to the production departments to help drive Quality standards, through improved machinery maintenance and delivery of a successful TPM program.
The role expectation will be one that demonstrates a very hands-on, customer focused with a visible leadership approach.
Preventative maintenance experience a must, drive/energy and experience of managing strong partnerships with third parties such as cleaning companies, contractors etc. are also essential.
Job Duties & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the safety culture and minimisation of environmental impact in all engineering work and associated activities.
- Selecting suitable subcontractors and contractors ensuring they have sufficient skills, competencies and knowledge to do the job safely and without risks to health and safety of employees or their own.
- Ensure all Permits to Work are issued within the legal standards and expectations of the business and through careful monitoring ensure that all contract labour comply to all safe working practices.
- Through coaching and mentoring techniques develop the right behaviours and safety engagement within your area of work.
- Responsible and accountable for the health, safety and welfare of employees and persons within areas of work.
- Ensure all plant complies to rules, regulations, ACOP’s and standards (including PUWER and CE) for UK and specific to the business.
- Risk Assessments – Create and contribute to all Site Risk Assessments
- Ensure, through both reactive and proactive maintenance measures, that the products are manufactured in a safe and clean working environment in line with company standards and measures
- Create a safe working culture by ensuring total compliance with the legal requirements and safety standards, set out in the health & safety policy, in relation to machinery.
- Deliver a service that ensures customer satisfaction, resulting in minimum downtime to production
- Reduce the Cost in parts and repairs through improved and proactive preventative machinery maintenance
- Manage Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules, spares, and technical files for all new plant & equipment.
- Use Root Cause Analysis techniques to drive Reliability improvements
- Communicate closely with manufacturing functions ensuring the attainment of production schedules during the execution of projects are met enabling ROTIF objectives to be achieved.
- Responsible for Facilities and Buildings Maintenance, to provide a safe working environment, and achieving all Statutory Compliance standards.
- Cross functional support – liaise with Group Engineering, procurement, planning, finance and other strategic managers and departments to fully optimise the supply and quality of information and service satisfying both internal and external customer requirements.
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner, be responsible for own professional conduct.
- Lead by example and promote company goals, vision and values.
- Provide an Efficient service, aligning to financial budgetary requirements
- HNC – Engineering Discipline
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Multi-skilled with experience of both electrical and mechanical engineering
- Good working knowledge of facilities, buildings, & maintenance.
- Good Health and Safety Experience.
- Knowledge of contract management & control
- Ability to build rapport and trust-based relationships and interact effectively with staff, management and vendors at all levels.
- Ability to manage workload, manage to tight time scales and set deadlines.
- Strong people skills, communication and writing skills and Microsoft Office & Project skills.
- Practical experience of budget control, purchasing, cash flows and payback.
- Focused drive on PPM scheduled maintenance to minimise unplanned breakdown occurrence.
- CMMS Development
- Have a disciplined Reliability Approach, with focus on RCA
- Works under own initiative