This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to begin or further their career in Procurement and Logistics. Our client are a small/medium sized manufacturing company looking to fill a full time position working within the purchasing and material handling department. The ideal candidate is someone capable of using their initiative, has good attention to detail and is well organised. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining production kits and maintaining the stores area of the business. Good communications skills are essential as the role will also include elements of purchasing and material progressing. A knowledge of electronics would be a benefit but is by no means essential.
- Skills and requirements
- Someone capable of using their initiative.
- Someone who has good attention to detail and is accurate, methodical and well organised.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer Literate.
- The candidate to have the equivalent of A Level Qualifications
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining kits of material ready for production.
- Producing and reporting shortage lists for material kits. Maintaining shortage lists as goods arrive and are processed into material kits.
- Ensuring kits are complete and available against the production schedule.
- Purchasing selected categories of components.
- Communicating with the supplier base to progress existing purchase orders.
- Responsible for receiving, storing, kitting, unpacking of goods as well as delivering goods from the stores internally.
- Processing goods into and out of stores.
- Returning processed kits to stores
- Maintaining material in stores and ensuring good housekeeping practices are adhered to.
- General administrative duties within the purchasing & material handling department
- The successful candidate will:
- Become part of an exciting and growing business that has good advancement prospects.
- Receive in house training on all aspects of material handling and purchasing.
- Join a team of passionate and focused individuals seeking to improve and expand the business
28 Days Holiday A Year (Including Bank Holidays)
Working hours will be 8.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday with half hour lunch each day
Enrolment into the company pension scheme