The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and service of all logistics hardware and sofware (in collaboration with contractors) and will act as a Facilities Manager. This is a hands on position requiring the job holder to carry out maintenance as well as manage relevant teams.
Weekly rotating shift of earlies and lates.
- Managing a small team of maintenance technicians and cleaners, carrying out appraisals and implementing personal development plans.
- Managing third party contracts.
- Planning and introducing preventative maintenance programmes and spare parts management. Ensuring route causes are identified and preventative measures are put in place.
- Managing our sub contractors and developing strong relationships with these partners to ensure quality is met in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ensuring that all building maintenance issues are managed in a timely and effective manner. Again, ensuring site and building maintenance programmes are in place.
- Ensuring our fleet of Fork Lift trucks are operational at all times and carrying out repairs when necessary.
- Managing budgets.
- Ensuring that all equipment such as conveyors, packing machines, scanners etc are fully operational at all times. Work in close collaboration with our Logistics Managers to meet their operational needs.
- Proactively giving technical advice about maintenance on the implementation of new logistical systems and the prevention of technical malfunctions.
- Being on call to handle emergencies during hardware or software malfunctions whitin the logistic processes.
- Improving cost and availability of consumables.
- Aligning with sales so to improve our workshop order leadtime and quality.
- Expanding our capabilities with our workshop (Technical Services) and working closely with our Groep based Technical Services Manager.
- Continually reducing and improving downtime.
- Being accountable for meeting departmental KPIs.
- Manage building maintenance and repairs by implementing and managing checks, inspection rounds and audits.
- Handling incoming requests, hiring external technicians where necessary and ensuring a good and safe condition of the building at all times.
- Ensuring our building is maintained to the upmost standard and completing all repairs in a cost effective, professional and timely manner
- Handling all the administrative tasks in relation to the maintenance of the building so that all legal obligations are met.
- Managing and optimal stock of materials, tools and repair products.
- Previous experience of managing a small team and third party contracts.
- Sound mechanical skills and previous experience of managing and repairing mechnical equipment within a manufacturing or logistics environment as well as a fleet of Fork Lift trucks
- Fault finding.
- Experience of managing facilities and introducing preventative maintenance.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work shift and be on call.
- A supervisor who is hands on.