To work with the Managing Director to provide a full purchase ledger system for both internal needs and the needs of their suppliers.
• To handle purchase ledger entries & enquiries.
• To co-ordinate with the sales administrator on the internal accounts system (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
• To Liaise with external suppliers ordering and processing purchase orders & purchase ledger entries for office, production and cleaning supplies including PPE and some packaging materials.
• Assisting in receipt of goods on arrival and helping to maintain a full traceability system to meet BRC requirements and the company’s due diligence
• Ensuring correct and accurate information is placed into the purchase ledger system
• Creating purchase order confirmations, goods received notes, and processing suppliers’ invoices & credits ensuring that they are sent to the required personnel both externally and internally when required
• Assisting in producing customer statements and forwarding to the correct account’s personnel within the customers business.
• Assisting in chasing outstanding customer payments and ensuring that outstanding payments are received before allowing more sales orders to be released
• Informing the Managing Director of any new requirements for stock/items to be purchased to ensure continuity of supply.
• Assisting with general office duties including maintaining an efficient supplier document filing system
• Liaising with production, warehouse & cleaning personnel to ensure that items needed are ordered in a timely manner
• Reception duties including answering the telephone, greeting visitors arriving at the company and ensuring the completion of a visitor form.
The ability to understand & use the purchase ledger processing system
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to liaise with people at all levels both internally and externally
Knowledge of suppliers, products purchased, lead times and pricing details.
£Negotiable, depending on experience