Production of high quality metal products for the façade industry. Being involved in the process through fabrication, finishing and delivery to the customer.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operation of Press Brakes (Amada, Adira)
- General Knowledge in appropriate Punch and Die selection.
- General Knowledge in the complexities of folding.
- Fabricating Primarily Aluminium components (some Steel and Stainless Steel
- Working from detailed fabrication drawings to identify materials needed and the processes required to fabricate items to a customer’s specification.
- Using metal working equipment (Primarily brake presses) But also guillotines, punches, Laser Cutters and others during the fabrication process.
- Ensuring items are finished to the customer’s specification and deadline.
- Working with other members of the team on large products to ensure that items are fabricated correctly and are delivered on the correct dates.
- Sufficient in leading others and setting tools and machines for Less Skilled operators. (Training can be provided)
- General assistance on all areas of the workshop, checking others work and developing processes for the shop floor.
- Skilled and experienced in operation of press brakes, other areas of metal working disciplines beneficial.
- Flexibility - willing to turn their hand to many different jobs.
- Confidence – ability to work on their own initiative when needed but also to work as part of and lead a team.
Specific Job Skills:
- All Sheet Metal duties including, marking, cutting, bending, forming, drilling.
- Ability to manufacture and build from engineering drawings using brake presses, punches and guillotines.
Where individuals show an aptitude for development, training and support will be provided in the operation of our CNC Press brakes, laser, milling centre and saws.
Hours: 7:00-16:30 Monday - Thursday 7:00-15:30 Friday.
Salary: £12.50-£14 Per Hour Depending on experience. Plus overtime when available.