The Production Engineer will work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide an effective service to manufacturing on production and handling methods. To maintain a supply of tools, CNC programs and equipment necessary to achieve an efficient production process. To provide and set standards for direct labour times.
Need to be able to work both shifts:
6am-2:30pm Mon-Thur & 6am-10:30am Friday
2:30pm-11pm Mon-Thur & 10:30am-3pm Friday
Duties to include:
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources
- Train and assist engineers and other employees
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
- HNC in Production Engineering – Essential
- HND in Production Engineering - Desired
Must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 20kg