Our client is looking for a Production Manager with a Manufacturing background
Based in Biggleswade. Hours: 07:30 – 16:00 hours.
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure production targets are met in line with customer requirements and to manage the day to day running of the Production function.
You will be managing 40 x Machinists/Fabricators.
Production process will cover machining, painting and fabrication. Machinery used will be CNC, welding, milling & using hand tools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manufacturing all products to the agreed targets
- Ensure and measure the effectiveness of the delivery by the given deadlines
- Prepare production reports
- Conduct regular team meetings to provide targets and guidance
- Manage all staff to ensure 100% delivery within cost and performance constraints
- Liaise with various departments to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Ensure that the correct work methods are in use
- Evaluate current production methods
- Utilise and balance effectively to ensure maximisation of profit
- Provide training across all product types
- Ensuring that all departments are informed of non-delivered products
- Attend meetings with your Manager and provide detailed information to the past weeks performance and also a forecast for the week ahead
- Carry out personal development reviews
- Training and development of manufacturing employees
- Ensure that health, safety and welfare of all employees within your control
- Performance Manage individuals
Health & Safety:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees within your control and operate within the confines of company policy in association with the HSE. Meet with your team and manager to discuss topics affecting production and take remedial action.
- Ensure that all employees within your control are using the correct personal and protective equipment necessary to perform their operation safely and in compliance with H&S law.
- Ensure that all machinery used within the manufacturing process has the necessary guards and are checked daily for non – conformance and results are recorded in record log. Report any findings to Engineering department and General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees that use sharp tools or machinery have received the necessary training and have been signed off as competent.
- Ensure that all fire exits, and routes are not obstructed and kept clearly accessible at all times.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported to the H&S Manager and the accident is recorded and supported with the correct documentation.
- Ensure the correct level of first aid supplies is available and that there is also a first aider available.
- Ensure that all Risk Assessments are carried out and updated
- Performance Manage individuals where and when appropriate within Company guidelines.
- Ensure all documentation associated with absence is completed in an accurate and timely fashion – to include: Return to Work Interviews, Self-Certification forms, Absence Request Forms, Holiday forms etc….
- Carry out Personal development reviews with your direct reports and be responsible for training & development of manufacturing employees.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate communication, leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to participate in training courses
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate computer literacy, particularly Excel and Word associated packages
- Be numerate and literate
- Have good IT skills
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of budgets and business plans
- Possess production management experience of at least 5 years in an associated environment