Our client is recruiting for a Production Operative, ideally with sheet metal experience to join their team.
This is a full time role working in the manufacturing team on stainless steel production processes, such as finishing, operating the punch press, guillotine, laser and dispatch so you will have some experience in a sheet metal fabrication environment. Whilst some training will be provided you should be a skilled user of some of this machinery already.
This role would suit somebody with basic Machine Operator experience, ideally within a sheet metal fabrication environment although this is not essential. This role would also suit somebody who is keen to learn how to operate machinery, learn to weld and help out as and when needed, including the stores.
Monday to Thursday – 07:00-16:00
Friday – 07:00-12:00
- Executing works orders to the required standards and on time ensuring a safe working environment at all times;
- Learn fabrication processes and activities including Linishing and Inspection;
- Working with components from 0.9mm to 5.0mm thickness;
- Use of various hand tools and sheet metal machinery in the fabrication and finishing of materials (training will be provided);
- Quality Assurance by inspection of own work and work produced by others for manufactured and purchased finished products along with the associated completed paper work;
- General Dispatch tasks as and when required to suit demand;
- Goods receiving: Inspection, associated data processing, moving product into stock and placing into correct locations;
Ideal Knowledge & Skills
- Guillotine operations
- CNC Punch Press
- Laser cutting operations
- Press Brake
- Finishing operations
- Good level of numeracy
- Able to read drawings and perform measurements
- Basic computer skills
- Fork lift truck license
- Work shop Health & Safety awareness
- Ability to respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach.
Our client offers opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package which includes 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare after a qualifying period.