Our client based in Shefford is looking to recruit Production Operatives on an ongoing temporary basis.
Salary: £9.50 per hour, rising to £10.25 per hour after 12 weeks.
Hours/Shifts: Earlies: 6am - 2pm (Monday to Friday), Lates: 2pm - 10pm (Monday to Friday)
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Working on each of the production lines as required.
- Removal of product from the moulds.
- Using vaccuum lift equipment.
- Finishing of product and inspecting to the quality standards.
- Applying bar coded labels to product.
- Stacking of products onto pallets and banding each finished pallet.
- General cleaning of moulds to remove excess material.
- Mould waxing – using spray and manual techniques.
- Closing the moulds in preparation for being re-filled.
- Moving completed goods to the warehouse using pallet truck or FLT.
- Steam cleaning of moulds ready for repair by the mould maintenance team.
- Collecting components from the warehouse to maintain continuous production.
- Core remover – to set and reset it.
- Product knowledge – know the products appropriate to each line.
- Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling.
- Operating the extruder on lines 1 & 2 to fill the moulds to produce high quality products.
- Assist with mould changes for Line 3.
- Assist with mould changes for lines 1 & 2 and complete the programming.
- Assist with changing the extruder head.
- Conduct basic line maintenance duties.
- Use the spill kit as required.
- Reporting of issues affecting the quality of products produced to Team Leader.
- Comply with the Personal Protective Equipment requirements at all times.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements for the tasks and working environment, including COSHH and Safe Systems of Work.
- Participate in Health & Safety audits.
- Awareness of Environmental factors.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Experience of working in a production environment with moving machinery.
- Experience of using hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Trained in manual handling techniques.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Physically fit.
- Works effectively in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible attitude and approach to work.
- Driven to meet and exceed operational targets.
- Mature attitude and takes responsibility for own actions.