Our client is seeking six Production Operatives for their manufacturing team in Shefford. If you enjoy physical, hands-on work in a manufacturing environment, this could be for you!
Current working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on rotating shifts 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm. You must also be prepared to work a night shift, which, at the moment, operates from 10pm - 6am on a set duration basis. A night shift premium of one third is paid for hours worked. They require some flexibility from you to work additional hours as the business requires, for which overtime rates will be paid.
* Operating the extruder to fill moulds
* Lubricating and closing moulds
* Stacking products onto pallets and banding loads
* Opening moulds and preparing them for refilling
* Basic maintenance of production equipment; cleaning of equipment and moulds
* Accurate completion of shift sheets and 'WMS' paperwork
* Product inspection and accurate interpretation of company quality standards
* General housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment
* Routine weekly technical tasks, e.g. callibration
* Using the computer system for which training will be given
* Compliance with Health & Safety
Our client offers opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package. The salary is competitive and you'll get 25 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. They also offer a company pension scheme, and private healthcare is available after a qualifying period.