Our client is seeking Production Operatives for their team currently based in Bedford. The facility operates on 3 shifts, 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am Monday to Friday. This facility will re-locate to Shefford once the site is redeveloped.
Our client offers opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package.
Duties will include:
- Accurately weigh out or dispense raw materials in preparation for the moulding process.
- Prepare moulds for the moulding process.
- Operate the overhead gantry crane.
- Load and unload moulds from the rotamoulding machine and cooling station using the gantry crane.
- Operate the rotamoulding machine by selecting the appropriate program.
- Monitor the moulding process throughout to ensure that the process parameters remain within control.
- Demould products from the moulds.
- Trim and finish products ready for the cutting process.
- Check and monitor the product to ensure it meets the quality standards including operation of leak detection unit.
- Liaise with Quality Department staff when required.
- Record process data and product dimensions.
- Load product into, and operate, a semi automatic cutting machine.
- Apply end seals to products and attach edge rails using a variety of hand and air operated tools.
- Inspect finished product to ensure compliance with specification.
- Operate granulating machine to shred waste plastic ready for regrind and recycling.
- Load and unload vehicles (FLT trained operators only).
- Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling including operating baling machines.
You will be physically fit with experience of using a range of hand tools and work well in a team. You will have the ability to learn technical information to understand the production process fully. You will comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times. Basic computer skills are required.
Working hours are 37.5hours per week, Monday to Friday, on rotating shifts 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. You must be prepared to work a Nightshift too which operates from 10pm-6am on a set period basis. A nightshift premium of one third is paid for hours worked. Some flexibility will be required.
Our client offers a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. They offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.