Main Purpose of Role
- Responsible for the Production area allocated and accountable for the development of Production team skill and output, monitoring performance and to ensure that Production output meets Quality standards.
- Keep the Fabrication Schedule updated tracking completed and outstanding jobs report finding to the Production Manager Daily
- Complete Fabrication count at the end of each day report results to the Production Manager
- Distribute and collect KPI forms to be given to the Production Manager for documenting.
- Monitor the reject log to prioritise any glazing of remake units
- Re-fill the worksheet trays with worksheets organised by the G&T Manager.
- Ensure Jobs are beaded in date order (as per the Manufacturing Schedule)
- Ensure the team is provided with a constant flow of work in chronological order (Doors & Windows)
- Report any failed frames or sashes to the quality Inspector
- Provide training where necessary
- Ensure that work flows through your area taking appropriate action on any bottlenecks
- Monitor and take action to improve daily output
- Drive efficiency improvement by regular reviews of processes and working methods in your area
- Monitor hourly production output by “Go and See” in your area. Work with other T/L’s to resolve any issues affecting target achievement
- Use escalation policy in a timely manner for any Accidents, Breakdowns, Production or Quality issues
- Keep staff informed of daily targets and progress for the week in a pre-shift meeting 5-10 mins max
- Report on previous days result and shift start up issues, manning levels and process cover
Skills and Attributes
- Supervisory skills and experience essential
- Have a knowledge of Excel and be able to input simple data and for analysis / be able to produce simple charts (with training if required)
- Be able to substitute for the Production Manager occasionally when required
- Have a good working knowledge of the whole factory flow and impact on upstream and downstream processes