- The role contributes to the success of our client by providing effective and timely support to the finance and administrative functions. Using initiative and collaboration skills, the role, reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Leader will ensure that the function achieves its KPIs and objectives whilst maintaining a service to both internal and external customers and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
- Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
- Maintains bought ledger and associated control accounts to include extensive reconciliation of transit accounts with the purchase cycle.
- Prepares payment proposals and bi-monthly settlement of liabilities via manual cheques, BACS and other e-banking software.
- Processes intercompany invoices and payments, liaise with internal departments, associated companies and management as required.
- Inputs invoices, credit notes, payments and undertake ledger maintenance.
- Willingly provides relevant information relating to financial and commercial matters to internal customers/stakeholders.
- Controls and manages internal reporting timetables for month end close processes.
- Prepares ledger reports and date for Group reporting purposes.
- To develop a rapport with third parties as and when required so as to be able to support the effective implementation of and creditor policies.
- Works beyond the roles boundaries so as to be able to support the whole function as and when required.
- Maintains a reputable reputation by ensuring that all financial matters are actioned in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Communicates and cooperates effectively with suppliers, customers, other departments, depots and companies.
- Works with the customer in mind and contributes towards ideas and initiatives that drive the improvement of both internal and external relationships.
- To provide support and information to departmental managers as reasonably requested for financial and commercial issues.
- Able to structure reports and provide recommendations so as to be able to effectively communicate the businesses financial performance.
- Works to develop skills and experiences by actively engaging in other opportunities within the function.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Potentially 8.30am to 5pm with 30 mins for lunch.