Our client, a fast-growing manufacturer based in Huntingdon, is recruiting for a Purchase Ledger/Stock Controller to help manage their purchasing and accounting requirements.
You will have responsibility for all profile requisitions, stock control, communication with suppliers and making sure any issues are communicated to the Supply Chain and Production managers.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all purchase orders are dealt with swiftly and sent within an agreed timescale.
- Ownership of supply chain database on in-house CRM and upkeep thereof.
- Speaking with suppliers to ensure fast and timely deliveries.
- Administrative support for accounting queries.
- Point of contact for suppliers for any concerns and queries.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Purchase invoice processing.
- Actively suggesting new ideas / ways of working to mitigate issues moving forward.
- Relaying feedback from suppliers to management team.
- KPI reporting – breakdown of purchasing to Management and Directors via presentations.
- Stock take reconciliation.
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Bank statement reconciliation.
- Ad-hoc tasks and administrative duties where required.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable speaking with customers and suppliers at all levels on the phone and via email in a professional manner.
- Previous experience of XERO software.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Proactive attitude a necessity.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- 30 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Pension plan.