This is an exciting opportunity for someone to further their career in Procurement and Logistics. Our client is a small/medium electronics manufacturer looking to fill a full time position working within the purchasing and material handling department. The ideal candidate is someone capable of using their initiative, has good attention to detail and is well organised. Reporting to the Senior Buyer, they will be responsible for procuring a wide variety of electronic components, creating and maintaining production kits and maintaining the stores area of the business. Good communications skills are essential as is experience within procurement, ideally from an electronics background.
Skills and requirements
- Someone capable of using their initiative.
- Someone who has good attention to detail and is methodical and well organised.
- Good communication skills via a range of mediums, including telephone and email.
- Computer Literate
- Someone to ideally have the equivalent of A-Level qualifications
- Have knowledge of and a proven track record of Purchasing, ideally within an electronics environment
- Capable of working on their own to achieve targets and deadlines
- Be a driven and focussed individual, willing to work alongside a team to grow and expand the business
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with a Supplier Base
- Procurement of a range of commodities and components including off-the-shelf / catalogue items and also high value bespoke / configured-to-order items
- Identifying and processing requirements using an MRP system
- Contribute to the running of a supplier evaluation system, through the implementation of supplier Key Performance Indicators focused on On-Time Delivery, Quality, Enquiry turn-around times, Competitiveness of pricing, Health and Safety performance, etc.
- Report to Management within meetings
- Creating and maintaining kits of material ready for production
- Producing and reporting shortage lists for material kits. Maintaining shortage lists as goods arrive and are processed into material kits.
- Ensuring kits are complete and available against the production schedule
- Communicating with the supplier base to progress existing purchase orders
- Responsible for receiving, storing, kitting, unpacking of goods as well as delivering goods from the stores internally
- Processing goods into and out of stores and returning processed kits to stores
- Maintaining material in stores and ensuring good housekeeping practices are adhered to.
- General administrative duties within the purchasing & material handling department
The successful candidate will:
- Become part of an exciting and growing business that has good advancement prospects.
- Join a team of passionate and focused individuals seeking to improve and expand the business.
- Become a valued member in a friendly, well established company focussed on working hard to deliver the best product and service to our customers
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. It is based on a 40 hour week with 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays), and benefits include enrolment into the company pension scheme.