Our client is seeking a Site Install Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis.
The role will involve to support factory pre-build of equipment, provide installation supervision of the clients, carry out service, snagging and maintenance work on equipment.
This will include:
- Working on site at worldwide destinations in line with the clients Travel Policy
- Working at the clients UK assembly facility to ensure efficient system pre-build and preparation for site installation
- To supervise and coordinate mechanical installation teams and ensure equipment is installed correctly, to drawing and specification. This will involve hands-on assembly and welding at times.
- To oversee electrical installation teams
- Trouble shooting problems with newly installed lines/equipment, solving snagging issues
- Learning and implementing standard HMI use for system control
- Working to tight deadlines demonstrating an ability to work under pressure
- Sharing information with customers and Project Engineers. Completing reports covering completed work, details of problems identified and solutions
- Following completion of installation, working with Project Engineers and Commissioning Engineers to complete Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and customer acceptance tests through to production support
- To work closely with Project Managers and Project Engineers to meet and deliver client requirements
- Carry out all duties and work in accordance with the company's quality systems and procedures
- Able to organise own workload and coordinate with project schedules
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to carry out practical tasks involving fabrication, welding, machine adjustment
- Good, solid electro-mechanical engineering background
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office Packages
- Understanding of logical processes and ability to learn automation control software
- Able to represent our company and demonstrate good tactful communication skills.
- Prepared to travel extensively throughout the UK and World. When you are not required to travel you will be working at the clients site. You will not travel to clients until you have completed and been fully trained on the clients products and this can take up to 9 months.
- Familiar with lifting methods, equipment and good practice
- A working understanding of safety standards for manufacturing and installation sites
As this role will involve work on customer’s sites (food factories), construction sites and within engineering manufacturing environments certain qualifications will be required.
Candidates already holding these qualifications, or similar qualifications, are likely to have the relevant experience for this role.
- Construction industry qualifications: CSCS card and SSSTS qualification
- Safety Passport (SPA or similar)
- Food hygiene certificate (as a module of SPA, or similar)
- Licenses for Fork Lift Truck and MEWP equipment.
As this role will involve driving to clients sites you must happy to drive a small van and have a maximum of six points on your licence. You must also have a current passport to travel outside the UK.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 0800 - 1700 & Friday 0800 - 1600.
You will be paid weekly. Overtime is paid after 39hrs per week paid at either at time and a half or double time