Our Biggleswade based client is in search of a stores person to help with the day to day running and operations of their stores department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:-
- Responsible for allocation of all parts to relevant jobs, ensuring accuracy and recording of deficiencies is in line with company procedures.
- Responsible for dealing with all deliveries receipt and dispatch; including all relevant paperwork, ensuring parts received are checked for part and serial number correlation and then correctly batched into the bonded facility or quarantined, as appropriate.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods
- Responsible for procurement of all parts and consumables, liaising with suppliers worldwide and ensuring best price policy is maintained by - where appropriate, receiving multiple quotes.
- Management of Life Limited and temperature-controlled parts and consumables
- To carry out manual handling and forklift duties, as required
- To carry out general administration duties as required
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items
- Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files
- To fulfil all relevant requirements of the Company Handbook, Policies & Procedures and MOE
- To carry out any other reasonable task required by line management
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the efficient and cost-effective operation of the stores department.
- The successful candidate will have previous goods in/ stores experience, with good Microsoft package-based IT skills.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to work well with accuracy, exhibit a meticulous attention to detail always, whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of international shipping (desirable)
- A full clean driving licence
- Forklift truck licence is required, however training can be provided for the suitable candidate, if necessary
Terms & Conditions
Full time, Temporary to Permanent /Full time, Permanent.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00).