Our Bedford based client is in search of a TIG Welder to join their existing team.
If you are early in your welding career looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, or an experienced welder and keen to assist in our production processes, our clients would like to hear from you.
This is a full time role working mainly with stainless steel in the manufacturing team. The key part of this role will be TIG Welding. You will also assist in other manufacturing processes as required and training can be provided.
This role requires a reliable, self-disciplined person who is able to achieve the targets set to meet customer demands on time and in full. You must be conversant with workshop health and safety practices and adhere to these at all times.
Working hours are 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday: 7am - 4pm, and Friday: 7am -12 noon.
The role is based at Bedford and will move to the Shefford site once redeveloped.
Main Tasks Include:
- Executing works orders to the required standards and on time ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- Learn welding and fabrication processes to assist within the production team.
- Working of components to 0.9mm to 5.0mm thickness.
- Use of various hand tools and sheet metal machinery in the fabrication and finishing of materials (training will be provided).
- Quality Assurance by inspection of own work and others for manufactured and purchased finished products along with the associated paper work.
- General Despatch tasks as and when required to suit demand.
- Goods receiving: Inspection, associated data processing, moving product into stock.
- Preparing goods out through picking, packing and despatch procedures.
- Planned regular housekeeping.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Welding operations – mainly TIG
- Able to read drawings and perform measurements
- Guillotine operations
- CNC Punch Press
- Laser operations
- Press Brake
- Finishing operations
- Good level of numeracy
- Work shop Health & Safety
- Ability to respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach
- Basic computer skills
- Fork lift truck license - desired but not essential.
Personal Skills and Behaviour:
- Customer focussed
- Good Time Keeping
- Good House Keeping
- Reliable Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Able to multi task
- Ability to learn and develop new skills
- Has a ‘can do’ approach
- Accurate and has a good attention to detail
- Looks for improvement opportunities.
What Our Clients Offer:
Our clients offer the opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package which includes 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare after a qualifying period.