Hours 4 days on 4 days off including weekends 7am – 5pm.
- Planning and reviewing delivery routes to maximise vehicle utilisation and fuel efficiency.
- Book in deliveries
- Manage drivers in the sections relevant to your areas of responsibility, control their working hours in order to ensure compliance with all legal requirements whilst minimising the cost of wages and keeping agency requirements to a minimum.
- Book agency drivers as and when required. Check agency time sheets when required before passing to Transport Manager to authorise payment.
- Raise POs when required for third party hauliers to ensure they match the work they have undertaken.
- Deal with complaints from customers and members of the public, and resolve as soon as possible, informing Transport Manager as and when necessary.
- Liaise with all members of staff to ensure the accuracy of information provided.
- Entering information onto the computer system ensuring KPI data is correct.
- Promptly answering the telephone, assisting the caller where possible
- Actively engage customers in obtaining return of dolavs, trays and pallets to ensure site has sufficient for day to day operation.
- Ability to make decisions quickly, have a flexible and logical attitude to problems, i.e. erratic volumes, vehicle breakdowns and delays.
- Manage defects effectively liaising with service suppliers to ensure prompt repair and vehicle downtime. Assist where possible in getting vehicles dropped off/collected from service provider.
- Ensure all vehicles are inspected and maintained as per the company requirements and in accordance with the goods vehicle operator’s license. Ensure all vehicle paperwork is kept up to date in the files if required to do so..
- Ensuring all paperwork and loads are ready in advance for the driver to commence their daily workload. Where loads may be delayed inform driver well in advance to enable the driver to manage their hours.
- Be able to deal with drivers regarding any infringements that they incur and monitoring to ensure no reoccurrence.
- Assist the Transport Manager in carrying out disciplinaries and accident investigations if requested to do so.