You will be overseeing all aspects of the distribution and despatch process, including customer service and administration
x4 days on x4 days off shift. 07:00 - 19:00
If you do not have all the requirements listed below . But you have :-
- An excellent eye for detail
- Great Commutation skills i.e. telephone and email
- Have a good understanding of Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Outlook
- And you are keen to learn we want to hear from you.
Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- Liaise, support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation.
- Promotion and adherence to site policy and procedure.
- Managing Driver hours, WTD rules.
- To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
- Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly and Compliance is monitored.
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance.
- Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver digicards.
- Co-ordinate drivers including managing holiday and sickness cover.
- Query investigation and resolution.
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
- Record, monitor & be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG.
- Writing and issuing of any driver procedures and site processes.
- Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues, which could potentially become problematic and avoid situations arising.
- Report writing on Customer Service activity and proposed recommendations on how improvements could be made for the benefit of the company and its customers.
- planning or scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to grasp new ideas, develop and assist in implementing better working practices and methods.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’ for working with a range of colleagues and customers.
- A professional manner
- Develop a level of trust and support with all colleagues to ensure conflict situations do not arise
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel).
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organisational skills.
- Change management skills
- Commitment to role and site objectives.
- Always strive to improve personally and professionally.