WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE WITH FORKLIFT DUTIES
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm
£10.00 - £10.50 per hour
A well-established family business and into its second generation, we are now looking for a Warehouse Operative to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis at the new warehouse in Biggleswade.
As WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE you will be picking orders, and will have forklift duties, operating Counter Balance, VNA and Ride-On machines. A valid VNA licence would be advantageous.
- Picking, packing and checking orders efficiently
- Unloading containers
- Dispatching orders
- Loading and Unloading vehicles
- Operating the forklift vehicles to store pallets safely in high racking
- Adherence to health and safety procedures at all times
- Manual handling loads of up to 25kg
Candidates should ideally have:
- At least one years experience in a similar role
- A good command of the English language
- Good timekeeping and be available to work Saturday mornings when required
- A positive attitude, the ability to work unsupervised and work well in a team
- Flexibility and be available to work on Saturday morning if required
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is looking for stable and long term employment and wants to be part of a highly regarded family run food import and distribution company that offers great opportunities and support for progression.