Our client is seeking 3 Warehouse / Yard Operatives to join their team to help meet customers demands. This position is based in Shefford, working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working shifts of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm.
As a Warehouse Operative you will work in a team to pick and despatch orders to customers to a high quality standard, always adhering to our Health & Safety requirements. You will check incoming components for quantity and integrity and storing them in the correct places.
There manufacturing business operates with a site at Bedford too and offsite storage in other locations, so you must be flexible to work at these sites as required, dealing with a variety of warehouse tasks either inside or outside in all conditions.
Duties will include:
- To pick and stack orders ready for dispatch
- To load and unload incoming and outgoing vehicles
- To supply production with raw materials
- To book transport for goods leaving site
- Assisting in stock takes
- Working with a WMS system
- To check incoming components and process the relevant paperwork
- Daily housekeeping duties
- To be able to assist in customer queries
As a candidate you must:
- Have an accredited (e.g. RTITB or ITSSAR) Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence, refreshed within the last 5 years.
- Be physically fit and work well in a team.
- Enjoy working outside in all climates (suitable clothing will be provided).
- Comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be numerate with a good attention to detail.
- Be flexible in your approach to work and willing to work overtime when required.
We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays and extensive training. A Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
Overtime is worked as required, including on Saturdays and overtime rates will apply.