The role based at Biggleswade contributes to the success of our client by actively supporting their workshop to deliver customer satisfaction through quality workmanship whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health& Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities, includes but not limited to:
- Drives customer satisfaction by following guidelines in relation to the company quality assurance manual.
- Performs final quality control inspections in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Supports the Welding Supervisor in handling internal/external customer technical queries and troubleshoots potential issues.
- Supports the team ethos within the Workshop by actively engaging in new challenges with a can do attitude.
- Maintains a standard of health and safety, hygiene at all times.
- Provides assistance to other team members as and when required.
- Ensures all welding operations are executed in accordance with all relevant codes of practice and company procedures.
- Ensures that inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT/MPI) are carried out in compliance with relevant codes and procedures.
- Ability to mark, cut and fabricate with heavy plate.
- Optimises welding times and production.
- Assists in the preparation of estimates as required.
- Takes responsibility for self-development and continually identifies ways of improving technical skills.
- Takes the initiative to provide suggestions and contribute to the improvement operations by coming up with new ideas.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
- Satisfactory completion of an industry related apprenticeship to NVQ level 3 in fabrication / welding
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- Ability to demonstrate application of MIG and MMA welding in a similar industry
- Well presented
- Team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
- Attends training as required
Hours: 40 Hours per week.