A vacancy has arisen within the Biggleswade site for a Workshop Engineer on a permanent basis.
- To undertake build, assembly, diagnostic, service, repair, recovery and technical work on construction equipment/products.
- To participate in the early stages of the effective processing of warranty claims and report on technical matters that might impact on the outcome of warranty claims.
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
- To work additional hours as reasonably required to undertake the described duties and to be available to work a rota-based out of hours customer support plan if such a plan were implemented or as may be required from time to time.
- To ensure that as far as possible that any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customers and suppliers.
- To assist in repairs and maintenance in the field away from the workshop as required from time to time.
- In all activities to ensure that the Safety, Quality, Environmental, HR, Financial and all other operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted and that company procedures, both operational and administrative are maintained.
- To be available to attend technical and product training to further your knowledge on the products and new company innovations.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry.
- Technical competence in the areas of electrical, electronic, air and hydraulic systems.