Our client is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hardworking Yards Person to join their team on a full-time basis. This is primarily a Monday to Friday role, but some weekend work may be required: benefits include a competitive salary, career progression, training and development and on-site parking; and a bonus scheme may also be available.
You will be based at the company’s UK depot in St Neots, but as there may be the opportunity to attend sites around the UK to install products, a full driver’s licence would be essential for this role.
The job role is as follows: -
- Picking and packing of small and large items
- Quality checking
- Cleaning of products in the external yard
- Load / unload equipment onto Vans and Lorries by using a counterbalance forklift / telehandler
- General upkeep of the yard to ensure all health & safety risk are eliminated
As a Site Installer, this will involve: -
- Basic administration
- Liaising with the internal and external customer base
- Installation of products on sites around the UK whilst maintaining high health & safety standards
This role requires you to be physically fit and have a great can-do attitude, and a counterbalance, telehandler or HGV Licence (Class 1 or 2) would be advantageous.
This would be the ideal position for someone with non-mechanical product knowledge, a high standard of customer service and an ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers verbally and via MS Office.