Service Sales Manager – Transportation Division
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: the usual basic benefits plus the role will come with a car, laptop and mobile phone
Our client is looking for a Service Sales Manager who will be responsible for selling services such as overhauls, spares, repairs and mini service activities rather than product or equipment to new and existing clients. There will also be a business development aspect to the role and as such the candidate would need to work closely with the Operations Manager based at Gatwick. A suitable candidate should have either a rail background or any product based industry, and should ideally have capture planning, be aware of sales techniques, quotes, bids and proposals.
The home location of the candidate is not key, although the office is based in Gatwick. The candidate will be required to travel nationwide although much of the travel is likely to be in the south of the country with some travel to Nottingham, Derby and Birmingham with an exception that they will be required to be in the Gatwick office monthly / ad hoc; it is felt that a candidate living in the south east of the country / home counties would be better positioned for travelling. There will also be a need to Austria as well as Scandinavia although this should be ad hoc and not necessarily on a regular basis.
The role contributes to the success of our clients business, providing a professional and competent Service Sales Management presence to the Gatwick Operations Depot, ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers based in UK (and Scandinavia (FIN, N, S)) comprising car builders, operators, maintenance and rolling stock leasing companies.
- Capture needs of key customers, both in terms of the technical requirements and potential market opportunities.
- Participate in development of business plans and proposals with the Technical Team and UK Divisional Director.
- Work closely with the local service team to ensure ability to deliver is considered during the proposal stage.
- Supply & maintain proposals generated and track sales leads.
- Attend industry events such as relevant trade shows and similar.
- Where appropriate assist in organising company presence at such events.
Desirable candidate qualities, includes but not limited to:-
- Proficiency in the German language is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent engineering qualification
- Experience in the railway industry is an asset
- Knowledge on HVAC products is advantageous
- To be able to travel overseas as required
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
- Attends training as required
Job Reference: JB36291