A vacancy has arisen for a Workshop Engineer for our client, based in Biggleswade. The role contributes to the success of the organisation, carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment brought into the workshop, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times whilst working within key result areas: Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership. To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system at all times.
- Carry out routine pre delivery inspections (PDI) of new machines.
- Fits both factory approved and local supplied extras to machines where required.
- Modifies machines according to guidelines and specifications.
- Performs all forms of repair and servicing to machines.
- Contributes to the repair, overhaul and diagnosis of plant equipment.
- Develops an effective working relationship with Workshop Engineers and the Workshop Team, and can support others where required.
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required.
- Ensures customer expectations are met by maintaining clear communication with the Workshop Supervisor.
- Contribute towards to the success of the apprenticeship programme by supporting and mentoring engineering apprentices.
- Work in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines.
- Is able to effectively contribute in recognising and improving work processes so as to drive greater efficiency.
- Use initiative and take appropriate action to ensure good housekeeping standards are followed and maintained in the workshop area.
- Ensure that self-image is a key contributor to promoting company business.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry.
- Team player.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Flexible approach to work.
They are offering the opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.