Salary: Dependant on Experience
Hours: 39 per week
Our client is seeking an experienced ‘hands on’ CNC Production engineer ideally with managerial skills to work in a small team.
This role requires the candidate to be flexible and happy to multitask between being very much ‘hands on’ and performing of office/production engineering duties.
The company produce bespoke machined products using ‘facuc’ controlled machining centres.
Duties to include:
- Responsible for estimating manufacturing times, and delivery timelines.
- Determine manufacturing methodology.
- To program jobs using new and latest production techniques, thereby achieving minimum cycle time and maximum throughput.
- Encompassing all aspects of CNC Machining including programming.
- Responsible for tooling specification and design.
- Ensure that material purchasing is within allocated budget.
- Responsible for fixture design and manufacture.
- Liaise with design and production control departments to determine best practices in respect of cycle time and capacity loading.
- Identify and resolve any production problems during manufacture.
- Responsible for liaising with external organisations to ensure designs are fit for manufacture.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Strong participation in team work projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer with a passion for engineering to join a growing small team of skilled machinists manufacturing small batch and prototype components.