Hours: Monday to Friday, 07:30-16:30
Salary: £26,000 PA
You will be spending the vast majority of your day in the factory, driving and communicating high standards and expectations to the team. You will be an inspirational leader always looking to encourage your team to challenge and improve safety, manufacturing processes, driving product quality and ensuring efficiency in the most cost effective manner
You will be directly responsible for your Team Leaders and Team Members. You will be required to deliver Health and Safety targets, Operational Excellence, Production targets, meet and exceed all Technical/Quality specifications/targets and all other agreed KPIs. You will support the Production Leader to optimise profitability in conjunction with short and long-term business strategies, goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have come from a fast paced manufacturing environment, ideally within the food industry
- Adhere to current H&S legislation and the Company H&S policy
- Have good leadership and team working skills (able to develop and motivate others)
- Have good communication skills
- Be IT Literate
Day to day duties:
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective, robust team member equipment/factory care system.
- Ensure Production planning and scheduling is completed efficiently by utilising resources effectively.
- Ensure all checks and recording systems for work completion (H&S, Quality, Customer, Performance, Maintenance, Delivery, Cost and HR etc.) are correctly checked, completed and compiled with all relevant information clearly and fully recorded and documented.
- Take ownership of Continuous Improvement
- Ensure all engineering works are reported swiftly and accurately
- Develop a working relationship with the Engineering Team Leaders, the Technical Leader, the Hygiene Leader and the QA supervisor.
- To co-ordinate with all the business functions driving value for the business and the customer.
- Able to delegate jobs and responsibility to your team
- Able to drive production via numbers, data and KPIs by focusing on hourly, daily and weekly area(s) performance.