As a Field Service Engineer you will contribute to the success of our company by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment on customer premises or on site. You will ensure both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times to achieve increased customer confidence and repeat business, whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas: Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake diagnostic, service, repair, recovery, technical and operational instruction on our crane products.
- To undertake similar work on other products from time to time as necessary as approved and appropriate
- To focus, as a priority on the Company’s mobile crane customers and also to become familiar with and support customers with other product types
- To participate in the early stages with the effective processing of warranty claims.
- To identify opportunities to develop revenue work with contacted customers and reduce exposure to costs and risks
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested
- To undertake additional tasks, training and projects as may be reasonably requested by the company from time to time
- To work additional hours as reasonably required to undertake the described duties and to be available to work a rota based out-of-hours customer support.
- To undertake all duties predominately in the UK and Republic of Ireland but also be prepared to travel outside this territory as required from time to time
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Has relevant product or industry experience
- Able to demonstrate through experience in a similar industry application of skills and knowledge gained
- The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer .
- Secure and progressive work environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Training and personal development
Hours of work Monday-Friday 40 hour week
The company is a family-run technology company that is not only one of the largest construction machinery manufacturers in the world, but also offers high-quality, user-oriented products and services in many other areas. The Group employs nearly 50,000 people in more than 140 companies on all continents.