Due to continued growth and planned development, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Assistant to join our client’s engineering department in the developer support team.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and working within a small project team, you will have the opportunity to develop project management skills and build a technical knowledge, specific to our clients needs. You will be working on infrastructure related projects for some of the largest and most successful housing developers across the UK.
This role is best suited to someone looking to start a career in the civil engineering or residential development industries, within a friendly, supportive SME environment.
The successful applicant:
You will need to be a self-starter, communicating effectively and competently with people at all levels. The applicant will be adaptable, a team player and convey a professional manner to fulfil this client facing role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Internal training will be provided to develop project management skills, and access to our success-proven project management system.
- A full UK drivers licence is required.
- CAD, surveying or fieldwork experience is desirable.
- A good understanding of IT and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Qualifications or experience within a civil engineering background is advantageous, but not essential.
Our client prides themselves in promoting from within. The right candidate will have the opportunity to train and advance within the company as growth continues.
- To report in to and assist the senior/ project manager in the day-to-day running of elements of the projects.
- To keep auditable records and fulfil administrative duties in support of the administration of the projects.
- To liaise with project stakeholders, internal and external resources, as instructed, to deliver project requirements.
- To support in technical inspections and fieldwork in accordance with approved schemes and specifications. Inspections include sewer, highway and open space assets.
- With guidance from the project manager, to agree siteworks and draw up works contract lists for tender, obtain quotations for contractors to complete sitework.
- To assist in the progress monitoring of sitework and ensure delivery is done safely and is compliant with CDM regulations.
- To participate in the preparation of monthly project progress reports for the client, and to attend internal and external meetings as required.
Salary up to 25K pa DOE, 25 days holiday pa + bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare cover, Flexi-hours scheme
Hours of work
Monday to Friday. 09:00 – 17:00 hours (1/2 hour lunch break)